A: No, the brand does not test products on animals. We usually test our products on humans who provide their consent for testing.
A: IBD Beauty mustache waxes are non-vegan. Only the After Shave Lotions, Fragrance and Body Powders are gluten and paraben free. Gels, Beard Oil, 2 in 1 Beard Conditioner and IBD Beauty Country Club Shampoo contain wheat and soy proteins. Phthalate Free: 2-in-1 Beard Conditioner, Beard Balm, Beard and Tattoo Oil, Shave Oil, Shave Soap, Classic Barber Shave Cream, Shave Lather, Head Shave Gel,
A: Currently, we do not have any products that contain SPF.
A: No need to worry, all our products are designed for all skin types. If irritation occurs please be sure to stop usage and/or consult with a physician.
A: If any of our products ever get in your eyes, do not rub your eyes. Immediately flush them with clear, lukewarm water. Avoid flushing with excessively strong running water, as this may damage your eye. If you have a sensation of pain or dust-like particles in your eye, seek prompt professional medical attention with an eye specialist.
A: While IBD Beauty products are formulated for men, women can use the products as well.
A: The majority of IBD Beauty products are made in the USA. For certain products, we do work closely with our international partners to craft some of our barber tools. The IBD Beauty Shave Brush is made in China with a 100% Nylon Synthetic Fibers which our vendor produces for us.
A: Please be sure to fill out and submit a contact us form which is located on our website.
A: IBD Beauty products are available at select Rite Aid, CVS and Sally Beauty stores. Please check with your local retailer as not all locations carry all IBD Beauty products. Please be sure to check your local barbershop to see if they carry our products or check a professional hair stores such as Sally’s or Cosmoprof (if you have a professional license).
A: Indeed, we do ship to all 50 states including U.S. territories and international as well. Shipping and handling fees are subject to change regarding destination.
A: No, there is no minimum purchasing obligations for IBD Beauty regardless how much or what you ordered.
A: Please be sure view our Returns & Exchanges Page on the website.
A: As a person ages, their body stops producing certain chemicals necessary for determining hair color. The ingredients in Youthair® will provide the help you need to substitute for these natural losses. With this “substitute” in place, your natural hair color will slowly return and with continued use as directed, stay that way. Please read our web pages entitled, “Gray Hair Cause” & “Compare Options” for detailed answers.
Youthair® is a topical treatment which means it is applied directly to the hair. It is not applied through a patch and it is not meant to be taken orally. When you place an order for Youthair®, you will get detailed usage instructions and directions as well as our, helpful “Hints & Tips” guide so there will be no guess work involved.
A: We always suggest purchasing at least one of each style for our first time users. This way you will be able to see for yourself which style is best for you. You may find one style suits your needs at certain times of the day better than another, let’s say like when you’re home and you may like the other if you must be in public. It is always a good idea to interchange styles from time to time so the hair does not build up a tolerance to one particular style as well. This usually helps expedite results and make it easier to maintain the color once you have restored it. Some clients report best results when they mix the styles together and find a consistency of the two styles which is best for them and the application of the product.
A: Some clients report that mixing some of the Liquid Style Youthair in with the Crème Style, either the standard crème or Super Youthair, find it makes it is more creamy and a perfect blend of both styles. Some clients report that this mixture actually makes the products more effective and see better results than just using one style. Either way, once you order you will receive our complete usage directions and instructions along with our helpful, “Hints & Tips” guide and we will always be there with online customer support once you begin your treatments if necessary.
A: No, not at all. Youthair® will actually allow your body to restore the natural color to your hair. It will not be dyed or tinted in any way. It will actually be your own natural color. The color you were born with.
A: No. Youthair® will act as a substitute for the chemical your body is not producing enough of as you age which determines your hair color. Once in place, this substitute will allow the hair follicle to restore your own natural color. From blond hair to black.
A: In the event you find the scent unappealing or if it clashes with your other scented items, some clients have used cologne or perfume in a spray form, which covers this scent well.
A: If you find it is advantageous to sleep with the product in your hair, perhaps to lengthen the time it is on your hair or, to not have it in your hair during the day, we suggest the following. Use a hair bonnet of some sort to keep the product on your hair and not rub off on the linens where it would be ineffective.
A: Yes, of course. Just under one third of our clients are women. Anyone with hair which is graying is a candidate for Youthair®.
A: We do not recommend the use of Youthair® in these instances. Unborn or infants can be affected by even the smallest doses of almost any outside substances.
A: There is a slight risk of interaction of the chemicals contained in the two products and therefore, you should have a 2-3 week period between the use of either a perm or dye. Even then, we suggest a small test patch for a day or two to see if there will be any negative reaction such as itching or burning before treating the entire head.
Use is not recommended on facial hair due to the close proximity of the mouth to this hair. Youthair® is not meant to go into the mouth and with this hair so close to the mouth, it would take great care to avoid this from happening on a repeated basis.
When used as directed, Youthair poses no health risks. The ingredients in Youthair® cannot be absorbed through the skin or scalp. Care should be taken not to apply Youthair® to any open skin as in the case of a wound, cut, or scrape. Also, oral ingestion on a repeated basis should be avoided. Any children should not be allowed to touch the product or the users’ hair whereas they may put their fingers into their mouth.
Make sure you follow the directions closely. You must give it time to work. Sometimes 2-3 weeks is required and sometimes a little longer. Some clients find a certain style, liquid or crème, will work better than the other for them.
• Thoroughly cleanse skin of any oil or impurities. This will help keep your razor or blade sharp for a smooth, close shave.
• Never shave dry skin, and always apply a light pressure on the razor to avoid nicks and cuts
• Always use clean, sharp razors and blades.
• Apply the Pre-Shave Oil for a frictionless shave: it moisturizes and improves razor glide while conditioning.
• Choose the classic Barber Shave Cream for deep conditioning, Shave Lather with special foaming agents found only in higher priced shave creams, the Clear Shave Gel for precision head shaving, or the full-bodied Aerosol Shave Cream with its high Aloe Vera content and classic barbershop appeal.
BEARD & MUSTACHE TIPS
BEARD & MUSTACHE
• Keep your facial hair well-conditioned and cared for with our 2-in-1 Beard Conditioner, Beard Balm, and Beard and Tattoo Oil.
• 2-in-1 Beard Conditioner works on dry skin too, to a prevent flaky base for your beard
• Tame wiry and frizzy strands and add a slight sheen with the Beard Balm
• Treat your skin and tattoos with the unique blend of special oils found in our Beard and Tattoo Oil to bring out your ink’s depth and your beard’s luster.
• Perfectly sized for on-the-go grooming, our Mustache Wax can also be used on sideburns and eyebrows for effortless styling and color touch-ups. Fill in areas of sparseness and keep hairs in place.
HAIR STYLING TIPS
• Create classic looks with our full line of pomades, putties, and pastes.
• Use the Green Light Pomade for a flexible and versatile style that remains touchably soft and ready to tousle, the Blue Medium Hold Pomade for a firmer hold that’s great for curly/wavy hair, or the Orange Firm Hold Pomade on medium to coarse hair for all-day control.
• Opt for our Tan Molding Putty when you want shiny-but-not glossy finish and a flexible, reworkable hold. Finally, choose the White Molding Paste for maximum strength, zero flaking, and a matte finish.
• All are travel-ready and fit perfectly in your dopp kit. Lightly mist Non-Aerosol Hairspray for a finishing touch.
AFTERSHAVE + FRAGRANCE TIPS
AFTERSHAVE + FRAGRANCE
• THE quintessential barbershop scent that’s instantly recognizable for its enduring masculine scent, use our aftershaves for an intoxicating yet light scent that lingers.
• Once splashed on a cleanly-shaved face, you’ll get an instant feeling of coolness with a soothing and calming effect on potential nicks and irritation.
• Always light, never overpowering, and fast-absorbing so you can get on taking on the day.
• Our portfolio of aftershaves range in fragrance from classic to exotic so you can find the one that’s your new signature scent.